Time is flying by this year. I can’t believe that it’s already November! That means we’re ONE month away from concluding 2016. As I look back for all my goals that I had for 2016, it’s hard not to beat myself up for all of the things that I didn’t get done and wanted to. But since we’re in the month that reminds us to be thankful, I’m going to focus on that instead.
16 Things to Be Thankful For In 2016
Here are 16 things I’m Thankful for that happened in 2016:
- I didn’t die. Yes, that is actually something that I’m very thankful for. This year I as pulled over a couple of times (maybe once or twice) and with the current state of police brutality I was scared I wasn’t going to see my babies again. But I made it and I’m alive and quite thankful for it.
- We’re all in good health. If you follow me on social media, you know that mini broke her finger but outside of that, we’re in good health!
- My marriage is super strong. Starting a new business with a fairly new marriage and pretty new baby can strain a marriage but ours is thriving in the face of potential adversity. We had a really hard month monetarily speaking in April and instead of causing strife, it made us stronger!
- My site went viral. And it broke a couple of times but I’m really excited about all the people who looked at my site!
- I’ve colored my hair blue. Yes, this is an accomplishment and something that I’m thankful for. After stifling my creativity for so long it feels great to just be myself and all that entails—including blue hair.
- We went vegan. As a family. It was pretty awesome but not awesome enough for us to stay that way. I’m going to give it another try next year.
- I’ve expanded! Ok, not me personally—well, actually I have but not in the way that you’re thinking—but TCM has expanded a bit. I started consulting as a social media marketing manager, blog coach and doing graphics for others.
- I was published on the Huffington Post. Check me out.
- I was published on Red Tricycle. Twice as well!
- I’m a contributor on other sites! This is big to me because I love so.many.things that I don’t cover on thecrunchymommy.com. You can find me on ClumpsOfMascara, AwesomelyTechie, and Little Family Adventure
- I’m gaining even more direction. Prior to starting TCM, I had been blogging for pleasure for 10 years. When you’re blogging as a hobby, it’s very different. Blogging is so fluid that there’s a lot that can be in the air and still moving and developing. I’m now more confident in the direction that I want to take my career as a writer and entrepreneur.
- I’ve made some pretty awesome new friends. I’m a social butterfly who goes back into the proverbial cocoon after events. I love being alone and know that I’m actually hard to REALLY get to know but I’ve met and connected with some rather amazing women and have developed some great friendships!
- I lost some weight. I gained it back BUT it was gone for a bit!
- I’m learning grace. This is something that has been hard for me since all I see are my flaws. But there’s so much beauty in them. I’m learning to accept compliments and not point out all the bad that they missed and more importantly, I’m learning to treat myself with more grace.
- I was in the Listen To Your Mother cast. This was a really amazing experience. My voice was given a stage and I loved every moment of the experience.
- My sewing skills have really taken off. Last year I was making baby harem pants and that was about it. It was cool since it launched my sewing piece of the business but I shut that down for a bit so that I could focus on my technique and creating even better quality items. My birthday wish came true when my new serger was delivered and now my sewing skills are really amazing!
Did I become a millionaire this year or lose all the weight that I wanted to? I didn’t. But looking back at these 16 things has shown me that I have a lot to be thankful for with what I did manage to accomplish.