Hi! I’m Aaronica.
What IS “the crunchy mommy”?
In the traditional sense, a crunchy mommy is a granola mom. You know, the moms that people consider to be hippies. They make their own soap (which I do), lotions (yep, that too), breastfeed (uh-huh), baby wear (firm believer) and so much more. But I’m here breaking that stereotype. Yes, I am a ‘crunchy mommy’ but there’s way more to me than that! Like many moms, I wear multiple hats: mom, wife, friend, daughter, entrepreneur. This site is designed to cater to the many roles that we as moms and parents have.
Welp, this isn’t my first time blogging or having a site. I’ve had ‘Rants Of A Wild Child’ in my early 20s, ‘aaronica unlocked’ after that, ‘the mommy memoirs’, and a couple more. As I’ve grown and developed so has my platform. Now as a WAHM and wife, I’m finding myself in a different area with different interests. I’m no longer the loose cannonball that parties all the time or a single mother. I’m a happily married mom of 3 and I LOVE my life! But it isn’t easy so like my other sites, this one is here to share personal experience coupled with tips/tricks/best practices and other pertinent topics.
In 2018, TheCrunchyMommy.com was nominated for both Best Lifestyle Blog and Best Parenting Blog. We won Best Parenting Blog from ShiftCon!!! Yep! We’re an award-winning blog now!
Me, in a nutshell:
- I’m pro-breastfeeding and baby wearing. I believe in baby-led weaning, schedules, etc.
- I love being a mom though it’s super hard.
- I married the man of my dreams who is an incredible father and husband.
- I started making my own body butters because both my girls have eczema and I didn’t want to put harsh steroid creams on them.
- I love sparkly things. Like really love.
- And make up and nail polish and fashion
- I have another blog The Needle And The Belle where I share (and sell) pieces of clothing that I’ve made
- Graduate of Spelman College
- Have a BA in Psychology (which I use on my kids, ha!) & an MBA concentrating in Marketing (which I use on my business!)
Where I’ve been featured:
Where you can find me writing:
Past Speaking Engagements
BlogLifeU 2017 – Maximizing Productivity in Minimum Time
ShiftCon 2018 – Buying Organic on a Budget, Keynote Panel Discussion on Healing the Community Through Food
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Thanks for stopping by! While your here, check out a couple of my favorite posts: