The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Summertime is the equivalent of the season of cook-outs and BBQ’s to me. Driving through the neighborhood all I smell is smokey goodness being grilled on decks that have been waiting to be using all wintertime. We all know that BBQ’s are potlucks and I’ve made it to the top of multiple BBQ invite lists because of my contribution to the food spread: an adult-only fruit salad and bottle of wine. But not just any wine–a deliciously crisp and sweet Moscato that proves to be the perfect compliment to the savory flavors waiting to be indulged.
Sutter Home Moscato
Sutter Home was the first wine that I can remember drinking when I turned 21. I’m a summer baby (yes, my birthday is right around the corner!) so naturally I tried one of their white wines. With the cold weather, I remember scoffing at the bold flavors the red wines brought. I love a light, sweet wine–nothing with too strong of a flavor, especially for the hot weathers. This is why when I saw the new Moscato blends that Sutter Home has recently introduced as I was browsing the aisles at Walmart I was really excited! All my friends and I are wine lovers. Girls nights in or out, Sutter Home is the perfect addition.
They’ve recently come out with the following:
I’ve tried the Pink Moscato which is definitely a fan favorite around here. I cannot wait to try out the Moscato/Riesling Blend, a combination of my 2 favorites. These can be found at Walmart, Ingles, Winco, and most independent liquor/convenience stores.
Boozey Summer Fruit Salad
Heading to a BBQ this summer? Be the hit with this Boozey Summer Fruit Salad and Sutter Home Moscato which pair perfectly with BBQ!
- 1/2 Watermelon cubed
- 1/2 Cantaloupe cubed
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 cup Grapes
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 Mango
- 2 cups Vodka
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- Cut up watermelon and put in the bowl.
- Cut up cantaloupe and put in the bowl.
- Cut up mango and put in the bowl.
- Drain the vinegar solution off the strawberries, blueberries and grapes and rinse with cold water.
- Measure 1 cup of grapes and put in bowl.
- Half the strawberries and put in the bowl.
- Put the blueberries in the bowl.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime over the salad.
- Measure 2 cups of vodka (I used Mango/Pineappland pour in.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour a cold glass of wine and enjoy your fruit salad!